Friday, May 15, 2009

"drink it in. because this is it."

30 days until I fly off to Korea.
30 days until I say goodbye for now to the Pacific Northwest.
30 days until anything and everything.
30 days until most of what I know will be half a world away.
30 days until I will wander but won't be lost anymore.
30 days until I won't know what some of my favorite people are doing almost every hour of the day.
30 days until comfort, stability and safety are challenged.
30 days until someday is today.
30 days until I can't be frustrated by my mothers calls and endless questions...but probably will want to be.
30 days until I meet the world.

4 comments:

autumn said...

you make me cry. I am so excited and (this sounds so so lame dorky) proud of you. I can't belive how brave, incredible and inspring you are. Go and learn and grow and change and be you in another new way, we will all be here waiting for you when you return. It will be like years passed and time stood still, I can't wait to feel like nothing has changed except for everything with you in just a few short month's. I love you lady. I am beyond excited to skype the shit out of you.

Zoe said...

because i'm not as handy with the words like our good friend and baby right above me... i'm just gunna say...

you're have one fucking hell of a GREAT time!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe it :(
That is so strange.
These 30 days will be marvelous

Aunt Missy said...

The world is your oyster sweet Abby, don't be afraid to gorge yourself! :o)