Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sa wa de kaa.....wait where am I?

Saturday David and I met up with Danny and his co-worker Gabby in Dongdaemun market. While I wouldn't suggest anyone go to this market around Christmas season, on a Saturday afternoon (one could hardly move because there were soooooo many people out) it was fun to explore the never ending stalls of clothing and accessories and pretty much anything else you might want. Outside of the big shopping centers one could find stand after stand of ajummas (old ladies with perms and visors) selling stacks of books, as well as more scarves and beanie hats than I have ever seen. All really interesting, but just a little too crowded.

After a full afternoon of shopping, we headed back across the river to South Seoul for some very tasty Thai food. We spent two lazy hours feasting on duck curry (with the most delicious pineapple I have ever tasted), chili chicken, noodles and of course a giant pitcher of beer to wash down all the Thai spice. So so good.

1 comment:

autumn said...

I want to eat buckets of Thai food with you. And then drink Champagne (because I can now!). Nolie is excited to meet you, she is slowly meeting all her aunties and can't wait to have another! ps. I am that mom who pretends her kid is super smart and knows what I am saying- who am I kidding, I am just psyched to have you home. Nolie will just be excited that there is another person to spit up on.